Wednesday, July 23, 2008

and another day goes by...

still plugging along here... today wasn't so bad. i guess the emotional venting yesterday helped relieve at least a little of the emotional overload i am feeling this week. and i continue to create! i find it to be very therapeutic. i can get lost in the process, the ideas, the supplies! lol and i'm doing more than sitting around watching tv or taking a nap, which is probably what i would be doing if i didn't have my art.

my latest finished project is the recipe art swap that my RR group is doing. i've picked some of our families favorites to go in the cookbook. i'll get these mailed off to our group leader on friday and anxiously await the finished product! can't wait to add it to my cookbook shelf... ok, shelves... but who's counting?! you can't really see them very well but this is a sample of them. i used a variety of cardstock, both prints and solids, and tried to find images that might go with each recipe.



every time our granddaughter visits us, she and i always end up making something. i am keeping track of those recipes, making notes about how she liked it or something funny that happened, etc. and now that i have a digital camera i am going to start taking pictures of the finished recipe to include in a ever-growing recipe book. when elena grows up and ventures off on her own, i'll give her this cookbook to have and hopefully use and enjoy some memories too.

my latest project is one that kind of stumped me at first. just couldn't wrap my mind around it. but i've figured it out now, and i'm running with it! lol i'm hoping it turns out as fun as i'm thinking it will! lol wish me luck!

2 comments:

Simply Organized 4 Life & Koaching by Kimberly said...

Those are awesome Rho. I am just hopeful that you remember to put the other criteria, at least on the back, i.e. name, city, state, blog, etc.

Aren't I a stinker?
Kimberly

Ynaffit said...

Cool. I am still working on mine... Plus a 'scrapbook'-kind-of thing for my sister-in-law and the regular altered book that belongs to someone in the group.... And probably a million other things I;d LIKE to do! Anyway, congrats on finishing!!