Friday, September 26, 2008

what a week...

well, it's been a wierd week, productive in some ways, but definately not in others, and all around totally frustrating. *sigh* we'll see if the weekend holds any answers/solutions for issues we're dealing with so that next week will be better. i haven't worked on any art at all. which is definately disheartening to me because it always boosts my spirits and has kind of a relaxing and calming affect on me when everything around me is in chaos. the next three weeks (the time between now and my upcoming back surgery) is going to be full of preparations, lots of activity going on here! hopefully there will also be alot of creativity going on also. i have several projects that i am working on that i would like to complete or at least have nearly completed before i go in for surgery. we'll see how the upcoming week unfolds!

three bright spots in my week were receiving my first "art in a carton" pkg, a "a message in a bottle", and a box of altered art "treasures" from a fellow artist that decided to share with the other members of our small altered book RR group. i have gotten pics of the art in a carton and the message in a bottle, but not the shared treasures yet. i'll get pics taken of the shared treasures tomorrow and get the other pics off of the camera they are on and make sure i post them here to share. fun stuff! can't wait to get my hands into some new projects in which i can use some of the really neat stuff i've recieved! aren't artists super?! i think so!

for now, i'm off to finish email, look through some of our sons school stuff, feed the furbabies, and then i'm off to bed. and tomorrow is saturday! that means i don't have to wake up to an alarm! yay!!! that's just awesome. *sigh* i'll be back to share pics and stuff sometime tomorrow... until then, happy creating!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I collect action figures, mostly. I have a Batman room, with just Batman stuff, and I have a Disney collection.