Saturday, August 2, 2008

not my art, but it is on my body...

this is my new tattoo... it is on the back of my right calf. this has alot of significance for me because it is the fairy image that my daughter had on her computer, the fairy that she wanted to get a tattoo of when she turned 18. however, she didn't get that chance. she passed away in nov 2005 at the age of 16. she had cancer. my birthday is coming up this month, aug 10th, and ann got me this tattoo for my birthday. she knows how much i've wanted to get it. it's only the second tattoo i've ever gotten, and by far the most painful! but i'm so glad i was finally able to get it done. i love it. it will look alot better once it is less irritated and a bit more color is added. plus i will get better pics of it... this one i took myself... not easy to do when it's on the back of my calf! lol anyway, wanted to share. makes me happy.





6 comments:

WhichFerret said...

She is really cool....can't wait to see it in person. Glad you got to get her so quick. Did you get her from the guy we went to?

JustMe said...

yes. he called yesterday and said he had the drawing done for me to come look at. when ann got home i told her and she said "let's go!". i had no idea when we went that i was actually going to get it right then! that was a surprise! lol it took a while, and boy did it hurt! lol but i'm glad i got it done. i still have to go back in a few weeks and have some more oclor touched up.

WhichFerret said...

Oh yeah, and how bad did your mom freak when she saw it? I will give you a call this week.

JustMe said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... she hasn't seen it yet...???? lol we got home late that night, and then i just basically made a point of not showing it to her yesterday... lol. she really is going to freak about it i think. yesterday wasn't a good day for her anyway. it was my dad's birthday... he's been gone almost 5 yrs now. she spent alot of the morning crying. so i didn't want to push the whole thing, you know? and yeh, i'm basically chicken!!! lol she'll see it eventually, but i'd really like it to heal more before she does see it. if she sees it when it is all irritated and stuff, she's gonna freak thinking something is wrong and i'm gonnna ide from it! i really don't want the lecture.... i'll talk to you later in the week when you call...

Melissa's Roja said...

It looks great Rho! I love the colors and detail. Give Ann a big hug from me for getting it done for u! The thigh is a good place for it too. U can show it easily or cover it up. With mine being on my neck its getting on my nerves. I asked the chick who cut my hair to make it short enough so the tattoo shows at all times and she just didnt do that. Plus I hate my hair on my neck so I usually wear it up anyway. Gonna have to have it cut more soon. Why pay all that money for a tat no one will ever see?

JustMe said...

not on my thight... on the back of my right calf... the lower part of the leg... so basically, if i wear a skirt or shorts or crop pants it can be seen. that part i like. i thought of having it put on my thigh... but i had the same thought... why go through all that, and pay the money, and not have the tattoo be able to be seen. so i'm happy with it. my mom still hasn't seen it. i am sooooo chicken! LOL