Saturday, August 16, 2008

oh my achin' back...

well, just when i thought my back was going to settle down and give me a break... psych!... it doesn't! i feel like i'm gonna die and i'm afraid i won't! pain meds and muscle relaxers can only do so much, and when they don't work on what the problem is, it just ends up making you groggy and out of it. so, i just deal most of the time. what else can ya do? and i have to do thing here at home, there's no way around it. everybody else is helping me and being very considerate and all, but there are still things that i have to do and even those small things are really getting to where they hurt. i can't wait for the 25th to get here so i can go see the orthopedic surgeon and see what he says! i'm gonna call them on monday and see if they have any other cancellations!

my tattoo is healing nicely, it hasn't been that bad at all. sometime in september i will go in and have him touch up/add more color to it. i'm still really glad i got it. and i STILL haven't showed it to my mother! LOL yep, still chicken! i'll show her soon, i think part of it is that i want to keep the good feelings about it, you know? it feels good that i got it, it's something i've been looking forward to... and she's going to gripe and nag about it and i just don't want the negative feelings that will come my way. so if anyone is planning on "outing my tattoo" to my mom, DON'T! LOL

school starts next week for alex, he does school at home through a virtual school online. it's an extension of a kansas public school and they provide everything and keep track of all the grading and credits and stuff. it's also a college prep course of study, so it is definately challenging, but that is good for alex. he's a smart cookie. especially in math!!! wow! this year will be a bit more involved for both of us. we'll have to figure out the new "rhythem" of the new school year subjects and then we'll be good to go. the first few weeks is the hardest.

i've got to knuckle down and get some pics taken tomorrow. some of some art pieces, some of my tattoo, some of the puppy, etc. i keep getting distracted and forget about taking them. *sigh*

until next time...

1 comment:

WhichFerret said...

I am sorry you are hurting so much and sorry I can not be around right now to help distract you. I know I could use the mental distractions you always help me with :-)

Hope the surgeon has a cancellation soon